That’s where I’m at on Zegrothenus. It’s been a heck of a slog so far, fighting parser stupidities, problems with classes, and figuring out when to hide items in containers and when to show them. Man. I had no idea I would have so many objects in a one-room game! Anyways, the march towards all of twelve points continues. I’ve got until Jan 31st.
Merry Christmas! While working on my latest game, Zegrothenus (or Zegro as we call it in house), I realized that one of the things left unfinished in the BBEdit Inform language module was a listing of the functions. Armed with a week of vacation, Starbucks coffee, and not bothered by any outside interruptions, I went to work. The fruit of this labor is BBEdit Inform Tools 2.0.
So what’s in the new release? First of all, a function listing! Yes, it finally works, with a few caveats. The functions only display if you set the preferences to display them alphabetically. Also, the “show current function” erm functionality doesn’t work. Fixing these requires access to code that as far as I could determine, does not exist. All the existing language modules don’t state how to obtain the values that BBEdit requires, so it will probably never work like the built-in language modules. Oh well. The important thing is that now you can quickly jump to that odd-named method without having to scroll through the entire document or using find to find it. Second of all, the comment coloring works correctly (yeah, alliteration!). The standard ! works for comments; you don’t need to use my !- idiosyncrasy anymore. Lastly, more keywords have been added, primarily action_to_be and lockable.
Unwrap the present here. (For BBEdit 6-8.x, Mac OS 8-9.x).